Saturday, December 17, 2011

Ghostbusting 101- The Spirits of Christmas

This blog is dedicated to children out there.  I hope you enjoy it!  And, more importantly, that it helps you realize something very important.

This is the time of year that a seasonal story comes out that involves a man being visited by 3 Spirits.  That's right, a Christmas Carol.

I think that it is timely to share about what "hauntings" and "ghosts" really are.  The last thing I want is for children to  be scared about those that should be referred to as Spirit.  I also want you to understand that there are shows on television that make the Other Side scary.  I will tell you right now that those shows are damaging to how it really is.

I want you to understand that the Other Side or Spirit, have been turned into today's Ghost Hunter shows and the like.  (Psychic Kids)  Yes, I've said it.  They are going about things the wrong way and I want you to understand what you are seeing.

The word ghost is used to scare people.  I consider it almost disrespectful.  Every time you hear or see the word "ghost", I want you to think or speak the word "Spirit".   It is not Spirit's intention to scare.  They truly mean no harm.  Sometimes Spirit comes to a location that was close to their heart on this planet, and sometimes the people they love inside the home they dwell in.

Again, they are NOT out to harm anyone. 

I want you to understand how the Other Side communicates.  I want you to imagine that sometimes Spirit can be felt, and sometimes they can be seen.  They do things like interrupt electricity.  This can be scary for you young ones and I want you to understand that it is one of the ways that Spirit can communicate.  They use energy. 

As younger people, it can be very easy to see or feel the Other Side. 

If you are in a location that is giving you in today's terms "the willies".  I want you to read about some of the ways to ease your discomfort of having an encounter and help with protection:

1)  You can verbally ask not to be bothered as it frightens you or makes you uneasy.  Spirits can hear you and they do listen.  "I know there is someone here and it scares me, please leave."  It is as simple as that.

2) Protect Yourself and Your Home Energetically:  As I was watching Harry Potter this morning, it literally struck me.  How I can get today's children to understand the Other Side and how to protect themselves.  Imagine your finger is a wand.  Wave it around yourself and imagine that every time you wave your finger around you (starting at your head) you are cloaking yourself in energetic protection.  Think of it like a suit of armour or angels wings guarding you.

3)  See idea number one.

Day or night, Spirit exists.  Time, day or night do not exist on the Other Side.  And, the only reality is Love.  Spirit operates with the highest of intentions, and not to harm.

May the blessings of Christmas be upon you, and the Spirit of the Season within you.



No comments:

Post a Comment