Thursday, December 1, 2011

Children And The Other Side

As a young child, I can remember being plagued by nightmares/terrors and seeing things in a half-sleep and sometimes wide awake state.   Turns out there is a reason for alot of this, and I want to offer parents some level comfort if they are experiencing this with their children.

When we arrive on this planet, we have just journeyed from the Other Side.  The closer we are to the Other Side whether arriving or leaving the earthly realm, the more open the window is to the Other Side.  This, in turn, leaves us more open to visitation and perception with all things surrounding the Other Side.  This includes intuitive dreaming and visitation from the Spirit Realm.

I do not want parents to be alarmed about this.  What I hope is that you are all given the tools to deal with this time of awareness and that, at times, there are those born where the window never closes.

It is a common observation that most children who are not meant to be Lightworkers (those that work with Spirit) have a cessation of most psychic or mediumistic traits between the ages of 5 and 7.  If you are having conversations with your children beyond that age about dreams that come true for them or someone being in their room, odds are your child will end up being a Lightworker of some sort.  The window will never shut.

I want to state here that we are all intuitive; that is, having a sense of knowing without knowing, but the level I speak of is far beyond that.

As a child, teenager and young adult I always knew things, i.e. who was calling before I picked up the phone (and before the days of call display), if there was a letter in the mail for me, etc.  Things I couldn't possibly know.  And on several occasions through my childhood and well into adulthood, I would have visitors from the Other Side physically manifest.  I can remember staying out at my parents' home for a Christmas Eve sleepover as a young adult, and awoke in the middle of the night to a male figure standing at the end of the bed.  And, believe it or not, it scared me so bad I just pulled the covers over my eyes and pretended it didn't happen. 

It is by sharing my experiences here that I hope parents to become more aware of situations they may find themselves in with their children.

I ask parents to encourage their children to talk about what they've just been through, and to accept the conversation their child may engage in as a valid experience.  These experiences need to be honored with acceptance and love.  It is my hope that the usual "there, there" or "it's okay now you can stop crying", "there's nothing to be afraid of" is changed to, "Oh, that sounds scary, tell me more" or "tell me about who you saw".  The sooner we accept these incidents, the easier it is for your child to move through this time.

You might be surprised at what they have to say.  And with your acceptance and nurturing, you may just grow a person open to Spirituality and all that it has to offer.

With that said, here are some great ideas to help with the night terrors or visitations:

1)  Place a glass of water under their bed to help absorb negativity.

2)  Cleanse the child's room.  A great way to do this is to pretend salt (best if sea salt) is Fairy Dust or Angelwing Dust and lightly sprinkle it in all the corners of the child's room.  This included closet corners.  Yes, that's EVERY corner.  It is also best if we can do this in a counter-clockwise (widdershins) direction. 

3)  Get a nightlight. 

4)  Place an angel figurine in their room so that they have a physical reminder of the fact that we have a care team in the heavens who watch out for us ALL the time.

Sweet Dreams Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment