Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Christmas Wish

Well, it's that time of year. Where the reason for the season has long passed us by. Christmas. Once a pagan holiday in honor of the sun, a Pope moved Christ's birthday to cover up the old ways. And apparently Kris Kringle Existed. He was a toymaker who dropped of toys for the children in his village. The list goes on of celebrations of the season. I say, what if it didn't exist? At least, not in the way it does now. What if it was a spirit celebrated 365 days a year.

Here's my Christmas wish for each and every person in existence. That we see and end to holidays. And, if we must carry on that spirit, then carry on the SPIRIT. I have one year and 17 days to change my Christmas to one driven by love and not of greed. I stopped having a Christmas wish list some Christmases ago, and haven't cared whether I get presents or not for some time. It is my wish that everyone consider this next year. (I do want to give you some time to warm up to the idea)

Don't BUY a THING!!!!!!!!!!!! Gather your nearest and dearest, divide up the cooking chores for the day and sit down and invest TIME with your families. Get everyone in your family to make a gift, and be grateful for the time that you have together! We have forgotten about time invested and all the beautiful blessings that come out of time well spent together.

I have very fond memories of gathering at my alternating family homes for Christmas Eve and we'd play board games, and eat appies, sing carols, and even bake cookies. Why not carry that spirit right through the next day. Maybe if you feel the need to buy something, buy a board game. Time is such a beautiful thing, and it's on our side every day that we wake up.

I have made gifts this year for people, and it feels good. Of course, I've had to balance it with having children and all, but I do hope for more time spent engaged in conversation and laughter. We could all use a good dose of laughter on a daily basis.

Be well this Christmas everyone. If we are driven by selflessness, the world is happier all year round. May your loved ones be safe. And for those who have lost loved ones this year, remember, they are ALWAYS with you. From the tinkle of the bell to a light breeze, they are always there.

Blessings to you all.

Donna

1 comment: