Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Wow....

So, it's been awhile since my last blog (or vlog for that matter). The autoimmune disease that is attacking my body is creating moments of inability to do anything but rest. It is times like these where I end up "disconnected". I meditate every day, pray every day, and talk to my angels and guides EVERY day, but I shut down for a bit in order to reserve my energy and get feeling better. I have one more test to complete this week (oddly enough, first time I wrote "weak" and corrected the grammar) and then I am finished with being poked and prodded. I refuse to have any more done. I feel like a human pin cushion.

In the last two weeks I have gone to a Low Starch Diet in order to do my part to make myself as better as possible, and oddly enough as I was cooking today, the perfect thought came to me. And just so you know, I don't consider myself religious, but I am spiritual. I have tried my hand at a few mainstream religions, and I have learned some valuable things. But again, I don't conform well to "color between the lines". I like coloring outside the lines.

So to get back to the thought, a scripture came to mind. "Though I may be weak in body, through You I am strong in spirit". That thought hit home on two fronts. One - I should tell people who I consider "You" to be. For me, that You encompasses more than one. I firmly believe that Source is both male and female if one had to label it. When we are spirit, there are no identifiers such as these. We just are. It is the human side of existence that feels the need to label everything in order to identify with it. I'll talk more about that in another blog about ego and attachment.

But back to the thought,what I was again reminded of at that scripture, was that I needed to remind myself that the human part of our lives is the imperfect experience. And that's the second point. It isn't going to be easy. Not always. And it depends on just what kind of a path one has chosen before coming over. But there will, and should be, experiences that challenge our spirit. And what we need to do, at that very moment, is turn to Spirit. I don't care if it's painting, meditation, or skydiving. Whatever it is that makes you feel connected to the Oneness we come from, do it!

The one thing that we must remember is that regardless of what we are going through, we must address our spiritual well being. And when that thought came to me today, and I said to someone, "I may be weak in body, but strong in spirit", I realized something VERY important. When I recognized that moment of a two year old having a tantrum at feeling like an 80 year (which is actually the 41-year old paining to type this out), I remembered that scripture. And the minute I said it out loud, my pain decreased ever so slightly. So please, honor when you have a bad day. As a good friend told me, "Stop comparing your 'lesser' problems to someone's bigger problems. You are having a bad day, and it's okay to have a bad day". Just don't dwell on it.

Here are some easy recommendations coming from the voice of experience:

Set up a Three Strike Rule with your friends - You are only allowed to gripe about one subject three times in your friendship. Unless of course we are talking about serious matters surrounding death and dying.

Mourning - I firmly believe in the old fashioned way of mourning. Back in the days of loss, a widow was dressed in black for one year. After that one year, the time of mourning was over. It was time to move forward. Even remarry. We have a right to miss and grieve our loved ones when they pass. But I think it's healthy to move forward. It doesn't mean letting go, it just means moving forward. Rest assured they are right along your side every day. It's okay to miss them. It's okay to grieve. But there comes a time when one must pull themselves up and say, "Grandma wouldn't want me to be sad she'd be telling me to get out there and I will!" It is the most loving thing we can do for them. To help ease the heartache associated with the loss, try saying "I am so blessed grandma has gone Home". Take comfort that they are in perfect form and perfect health.

While I can't speak to any recent loss, my grandmother is almost ready to return Home, and I have had significant losses in my lifetime, so I feel pretty confident addressing this issue. I have had to mourn the loss of a career I truly love as I watch my hands start to twist and pain any time I put pressure on them. I feel like a human tens machine some days, and have been mourning the loss of my health. Until today. Because I realized I have something far better than anything being thrown at me this very moment, and that is a strong spirit. A spirit that never dies.......

No comments:

Post a Comment