Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Guide to Mediums: Readings 101

I was recently talking to someone about their experience with a Medium.  This conversation has led to this blog, and what I hope will give everyone a little insight about how to choose a good Psychic or Psychic Medium and get the most out of a reading.

A Psychic Medium should ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, before the beginning of any type of reading, outline guidelines to follow.  This will include their frame of reference,

For Instance, here are some of my frames of reference:

1) I firmly believe that the energy never dies.  When someone leaves the physical plane, they transition to a Spiritual Plane.

2)  I also believe that before we are born into this world we have a careteam assigned to us.  With this careteam, we map a Soul Chart.  This map is charted like you would a trip, but focuses on your lessons, your accomplishments, who enters your life and who leaves your life.  This planet serves as an education.  There is your main theme (Love, Help, etc), there are your parents (yes, we choose our parents), and there are "landmarks" along the way that will help show you that you are on the right path.  Think of it as plotting a chart from A to Z (A=Birth, Z=Return Home).  And, of important note on this journey, Deja-Vus are those landmarks created along the way.

3) Anyone can be Psychic.  Not all Psychics are Mediums, but all Mediums are Psychic.

4)  What I have is an ability, what I leave you with is the gift.


Here are alot of my Guidelines:

1) Check your expectations at the door.  i.e Going into a reading expecting a specific person to come through from the Other Side.  (Even I have to check my expectations at the door).

2)  When I book an appointment with someone, I only ask for a FIRST name and contact number.  That is all any booking should require.  The less I know, the more validating the experience.  (This is also why it is not so easy to do readings for the people you are close to - little objectivity).

3)  There are common symbols that are received and each Psychic/Medium receives information differently.  For me for instance, Rosary = Religion/Religiousness, Candle = Birthday, Rose/Flowers = Anniversary to name a few.  Spirits communicate differently because they are just that, "In Spirit".  It could be animals, songs, flowers.  Again, each Reader is different.

4)  When you  have a reading with me, I ask "yes" or "no" questions.  KISS.  Leaves no room for interpretation.

5)  I will not "fish".  You know, those, blanket statements, "You've recently had a bad day".  Any good Medium will get to the specifics, i.e. "The other day you tripped up the stairs with a load of groceries and the bag fell backwards".

And, while not a guideline, this is of utmost importance.  If you are not getting the right "vibe" from someone you are talking to about booking an appointment, don't book it.  Plain and simple.

May your experiences with the Other Side be joyous.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment